Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm BAAAACCK


Jan 1 2011.  Exactly 1 year from when I left the US, and what a year it was.

Even though I am back in the US now, I will probably get to writing about the last couple weeks, just for completeness sake.  Look for those coming soon.

Now I suppose would also be a good time to write all about what I have learned on this yearlong journey.  But I think that I would rather let it all sink in a little bit, so that will come sometime later.  Now for plans for 2011... That's a good question.  I know I don't want to be working in an office.  Some things that I do want for next year though is to stay with Nico, and play more ultimate frisbee (generally get back into shape).  We've kinda decided to do this whole USA road trip, with two main interests.  One would be to WWOOF on a lot of farms (work in exchange for food and accommodation), and learn a lot about farming and growing food from people that have the whole organic and sustainable thing figured out.  Also after now seeing and experiencing much more of the world, I think that it is time to see more of my own country.  We also want to visit lots of national parks, and maybe even all 50 states.
Happy New Year!!!
And, as a great way to end this year of travel, Nico and I spent new years in Kiev, on a 25 hour layover between Israel and NY.  Kiev is quite a nice city with loads of cool old buildings.  We wandered around taking some night photography... then got some good and cheap Ukrainian Vodka, and then went out to Independence Square for the New Years celebrations.
Cool buildings by night

Ok, hope I see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment