Friday, January 29, 2010

Sea Kayaking

Check out the photos I just uploaded to Picassa.  We did a day trip paddle to an island off the west coast of the Coromandel.  Sweet paddling, and then we came to a harbor that no one else ever goes to.  It was a beautiful picnic lunch spot with some good snorkeling too.  Then we climbed up some rocks to where a colony of Gannett birds live.  It was amazing to be able to get so close to the birds, and they just chilled there.  According to Jon no one else really knows about the spot, and certainly no tourists ever get there.  We then got back to the mainland in time for the best sunset so far for me in NZ.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    The pictures of the birds, sunsets, water and of course, you, are beautiful! The water and air looks so pure even in photos. Have you done any fishing? You can throw a whole hoki or snapper on the grill and have a feast! I wish I was 25 again! I'll just have to live out these adventures thru you and eventually Nicole. I think there are lots of NYers and NJers missing you kiddo! Keep posting, I'm really enjoying
    your blog. Smiles and hugs, Angela ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwww!! Love love love! Unbelievably beautiful places! I'm amazed at how the birds just hung out while you guys were there, they must have sensed that you came in peace :) Not much new over here. Has Nicole seen your photos? I'll be so sad when you're both out of town but I'm kinda pulling for March to come ASAP, for her sake. Looks like she has paradise to look forward to!
    I was watching a travel show on Hulu the other day and the guy was paddling around some bay in Thailand. AMAZING CLIFFS! Tim and I were sold. Maybe if you guys make it up that way we'll try to join you :) Anyhoo, I know blogging is not the best way to spend time over there but it's great to hear from you and see your photos! Take good care of yourself buddy! ~Kate

    ReplyDelete