Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Bummer in Paradise

It seems like ultimate is not the only thing that will mess with my body.  A little over a week ago, I woke up one morning with a really sore knee.  That evening I think I somehow managed to pull or even tear my hamstring where it attaches to the back of my knee.  In a day I was feeling fine and even two days later went on a hike.  Then of course it got a bunch worse, and all swollen, and I haven't been able to straighten my leg for almost a week now.  I even went to see a physiotherapist (good thing NZ has awesome accident coverage and it cost only $5!) and got some ultrasonic therapy and some exercises to do.  It's feeling a bit better the past couple days... but defo not good enough to go hike up the two highest mountains in the North Island with a backpack.  Boo...

Unfortunately that is what everyone else is going to be doing for the next 6 days... Which leaves me with the predicament of what the F am I going to do for the next 6 days here by myself and I can barely even walk!?  So this would be a great time for all you with skype or some other form of communication to get in touch!  I will have internet access all the time and a whole lot of time to fill.  Get in touch and let me know how life is for all you back home, and those of you not at home too.  I'll probably get to do a whole lot of posting on this blog as well.  I've been pretty slack and here could be a good chance to catch up.  Talk to everyone soon, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. sucks about your leg! i'll be on skype (chia-yi.hou) at work (wildlife trust) so maybe the hours overlap with when you are awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm around at home & not working too hard, I'll pop onto Skype, on which I am known as "rudered". If you see me, say hello, and for Pete's sake, feel better!
    DR

    ReplyDelete