Monday, March 22, 2010

Coming up with some Plans

A few weeks ago I realized that my flight onward was for the end of May, and in thinking what I was going to do  until then, I realized that June was too soon to move on!  It is really amazing to have the ability to make that decision and just stay here longer.  Well, almost.  I applied for a working holiday visa that will let me stay for another year here.  But if you are here for over a year, you need to get all this medical stuff done that is expensive and blah blah blah.  So in order for the visa to be good for less than a year I need a flight confirmation out of here.  So I call Air New Zealand to change my flight (on the hopes that I get a visa and wont have to pay again to change it back) and of course they want proof of a visa to let my delay my flight.  Bureaucracy sucks.

Anyway I got to change my flight by sending the airline some info, and now I am waiting to hear back from immigration.  But my new flight date......bum bah dum...  Is December 31 going to Sydney, Australia for new years! I might actually spend less than 24 hours there before going north in OZ or even to Singapore cause it is cheap to fly there.  None of that is set in stone yet though.

Now what to do for the rest of 2010 in NZ?  thats easy.  Right now Nico and I are planning on borrowing the van from here and road tripping down to the bottom of NZ and back from mid april until June.  Then in June we agreed to come back here and help Jon run a month long winter program at Earthwise valley.  After that we can either get a job somewhere or travel around south some more, or WWOOF, or even come back here again for the spring program.

Yea, I know, we were planning on being back in the states by June 2011, and that would give us only 6 months for the rest of the world.  Or, more likely, we just dont come back then.  Amy, no worries, I will at least be coming back for your wedding and then continuing on my journey.  And a congrats to Tim and Kate who recently got engaged, and so nicely planned their wedding to be the weekend before Amy's, so i could be back for that too.

Anywho three months in and already totally changing around plans.  Who knows what we will actually be doing before I end up back in the states again for a while.  OK, Bye.

PS. by the time anyone reads this we should be off for an epic week long hiking trip up some volcanoes in the middle of the north island.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool change of plans Gerbil. NZ must be in your blood. You gonna become a kiwi for good? I'm thinking a reunion is in order...

    PS- Watch out for the magma!

    ReplyDelete